Sunday, April 22, 2012

BOOK REVIEW: DEMONGLASS BY RACHEL HAWKINS

I just finished the second book from the Hex Hall Trilogy by Rachel Hawkins which is Demonglass a few minutes ago. And I have to say I’m loving this as much as I loved the first one. Anyway, the novel centers around the adventures of Sophie Mercer and the Prodigium.



Sophie meets her father, James, for the first time in her seventeen years of existence and she’s less than thrilled to be spending some time with him after all these years. I actually sympathized with her in this aspect since my relationship with my own father is not exactly all roses and bunnies. Anyway, as head of the Prodigium Council her father came to Hex Hall to meet his daughter due to the events that took place in the first book. And off she flies to England!

Again, I can’t help but love Sophie. I just love the way her character grew up from the first book. Her smart mouth and sarcasm never fails to make me laugh. I also think she’s one of those heroines that you can’t just help but love. A lot of things were revealed that somehow shocked me.It was a pleasant kind of shock though.I love the fact that she didn’t just mope around like some other female characters after everything that she went through. I just love Sophie.

Then there’s Cal. He had a bigger role in this book and I definitely liked that. It always seemed to me that Cal is not just your typical groundskeeper/ healer/ white warlock.I always believed that he had his own story to tell. Anyway, it turns out he is actually connected to Sophie through…….No, I won’t say it! I don’t want to spoil anyone who has not read this awesome book yet. I seriously loved Cal and I am utterly confused right now because I cannot choose who to root for. Will it be Archer? Or Cal?

And of course, there’s Archer. I missed him in some parts of the book. It turns out he’s actually a warlock raised by The Eye.But even so, I am still in love with him. He’s just so dreamy and everything. haha. I am so confused right now. Will it be Cal? Or Archer? Seriously, how can Ms. Hawkins right two awesome male characters. Anyway, I love Archer and I just can’t wait to read the last novel.

Overall, I enjoyed reading this book as much as the first one. I love the fact that Ms. Hawkins did not turn Sophie into a mopey character after everything that she’s been through. Plus, the fact that Jenna is still the pink loving vamp! She’s just so adorable!Anyway, I somehow hated the fact that the ending is such a cliffhanger! haha. Now, I need to get my hands on the third book. I need a paperback soon!

Rating: 5/5 stars
Recommendations: Everyone! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment