Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2012 END OF THE YEAR BOOK SURVEY


Image17 
This end of year book survey is hosted by Perpetual Page Turner which is an annual event that contains a bunch of questions about books and blogging life.
1. Best Book You Read In 2012?

Ugh! First question and it's already making my head spin. There's too many of them. I guess I'll have to mention most of them huh? One Night that Changes Everything by Lauren Barnholdt, The Lost Prince by Julie Kagawa, City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare, Slammed by Colleen Hoover, The Mark of Athena and The Serpent's Shadow by Rick Riordan.

2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?

Surprisingly it's The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa. I really wanted to get into it but I just couldn't. Maybe I've outgrown vampires. I really don't know. I couldn't even finish it.

3. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2012?
 Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi. It took me a couple of months before I decided to read this since a lot of reviewers mentioned that the heroine, Aria, was annoying. Honestly, books lose their appeal to me whenever I hear or read reviews that say that the female characters are annoying in some ways. I really did enjoy this though. I've read it, like, three times already.
4. Book you recommended to people most in 2012?

The Iron Fey Series by Julie Kagawa, Until I Die by Amy Plum, Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi and Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James, Babe in Boyland by Jody Gehrman because of all the hype with this book.
5. Best series you discovered in 2012?

The Iron Fey Series by Julie Kagawa, The Goddess Test Series by Aimee Carter, Possession Series by Elana Johnson, Revenants by Amy Plum, Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini. Surprisingly, I discovered a lot of awesome trilogies or series this year.
6. Favorite new authors you discovered in 2012?
Tammara Webber, Colleen Hoover, Amy Plum, Josephine Angelini, Abbi Glines, Suzanne Johnson, Wendy Higgins, Aimee Carter. I even got to interact with them through various social networking sites like Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr and even through emails. Amy actually sent me a couple of bookplates and I won a $100 The Book Depository shopping spree from Suzanne Johnson. I love the fact that they actually take time to read my reviews.
7. Best book that was out of your comfort zone or was a new genre for you?
I don't know i I have to be embarrassed or something but I actually stepped out of my comfort zone this year. I really enjoyed reading erotic/ BDSM novels even if I only managed to review a few of them. Also contemporaries. I usually prefer reading paranormals or dystopians but somehow I enjoyed reading contemporaries this year.
8. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2012?

The Lost Prince by Julie Kagawa. I waited for my copy for an entire month and managed to read it in one night. It managed to keep me up all night.
9. Book You Read In 2012 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year:
Dreamless by Josephine Angelini. I need to refresh my mind since the last book is coming out.
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2012?


Until I Die (Revenants #2) by Amy Plum. I just love the color scheme. Blue and violet plus the silver swirls. I swear this photo does not give this cover any justice. The actual paperback is just this awesome. Yes, this is the paperback version published by ATOM since Harperteen hasn't published a paperback of this one yet so I ended up ordering from ATOM. The hardbound from Harperteen is a bit different from this one but nonetheless it's still awesome. Plus, her dress is just to die for.
11. Most memorable character in 2012?
Christian Grey from Fifty Shades of Grey. Seriously, this guy just made me want to buy my own spanking paddle. Haha. I just want my very own Mr. Grey! And Ash from The Iron Fey Series. I can't even begin to comprehend my love for this guy. I don't know if I want him to be my husband, my brother, my friend or even my dad. I just love Ash.
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2012?

Slammed by Colleen Hoover. I think this book just made me cry and give the characters a hug or something.
13. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2012?

Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James. Seriously, this book just made me want to go to places I've never been to before. Haha. I'm not a pervert or anything but reading is truly coming out of my comfort zone.
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2012 to finally read?

 One Night that Changes Everything by Lauren Barnholdt
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2012?

I have a lot of favorite quotes from books I've read this year.


"You made me feel alive again."
-The Iron King By Julie Kagawa

"Choos to be happy. It is what we have all done." 
-Fragile Eternity by Melissa Marr


 "You have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find your prince."
-Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James

"I've been screaming for years and no one has ever heard me."
-Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi

"Lies require commitment."
-Divergent by Veronica Roth

Honestly, there are a lot of memorable quotes from the novels that I've read and if I put everything here then this would end up being a novel.
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2012?
Longest - The Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan - 586 pages
Shortest - Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist by Rachel Cohn & David Levithan – 183 pages
17. Book That Had A Scene In It That Had You Reeling And Dying To Talk To Somebody About It? (a WTF moment, an epic revelation, a steamy kiss, etc. etc.) Be careful of spoilers!

Until I Die by Amy Plum. That ending was like "WTF?! Nuuuuuu!"
18. Favorite Relationship From A Book You Read In 2012 (be it romantic, friendship, etc).

Ash and Meghan from The Iron Fey series. I have no idea why but I just love them both together.
19. Favorite Book You Read in 2012 From An Author You Read Previously

The Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan
20. Best Book You Read That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else:

Slammed by Colleen Hoover. Jona recommended it. Come to think of it, she coerced me to read a lot of books this year. Haha.

Looking Ahead…

1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2012 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2013?

Perfect Chemistry Series by Simone Elkeles
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2013?
There's too many of them! Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi, The Goddess Inheritance by Aimee Carter, Goddess by Josephine Angelini, If I Should Die by Amy Plum, Elegy by Tara Hudson, Requiem by Lauren Oliver, Everbound by Brodi Ashton, Through the Evernight by Veronica Rossi, Scarlet by Marissa Meyer and a lot more.
3. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging In 2013?
Get more followers/ readers. Get to know more book friends. And finally give something to someone whom I promised something to. Haha. Pag di mo ito na-gets! Ahem!

No comments:

Post a Comment