Monday, January 14, 2013

BOOK REVIEW: Half-Blood (Covenant #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

It's official. I am a certified Jennifer L. Armentrout fan. I finally got my hands on a paperback of Half-Blood (Covenant #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout and yes, I am in love with it. She's a genius. I seriously couldn't believe that I just started this series now. Anyway, the novel circles around Greek Myths and of course, the gods so yeah, it did get my attention. I've been meaning to read this for quite some time now but the book is kinda' expensive here in the Philippines and my TBR just keeps on piling up.






To start with, I really like kick ass heroines so yeah, I started adoring Alexandria/Alex the moment I started reading Half-Blood. I love her snarky comebacks and the fact that she doesn't take sh*t from anyone. She is a half-blood by the way.Her mom is a Pure and her dad is an ordinary human. I did want to strangle her from time to time since she refuses to listen even when it's so obvious that she should. Her hot temper always got in the way of her thinking and everything just goes downhill from there. Anyway, the fact that she managed to stand tall after everything that she's been through just proves how awesome she really is.

And of course, with a feisty heroine comes a cool, calm, sexy and everything that's hot male counterpart, Aiden. Aiden is a pure and he is Alexandria's love interest. He's a sentinel and a relationship between Pures and Half-Bloods is strictly forbidden. Anyway, I love Aiden. He was just so dreamy and everything that a girl could ever ask for. He offered to train Alex in order for her to remain in the Covenant despite the fact that he's a full time Sentinel and not a teacher. Anyway, on the outside he always seems so cold and aloof but whenever I see glimpses of his gentle and charming side I just can't help but melt in a puddle. Seriously, how can someone be that dreamy? Anyway, I cant wait to read more about him Pure. TBD?? Where the hell is my copy of Pure?

 And then, there's the appearance of Seth, the Apollyon. I don't really want to dive deeper into what an Apollyon is since I might just end up spoiling the novel for those who haven't read it yet but I smell the beginning of a love triangle of some sort. We'll see. I actually like Seth since he seems bubbly even if he can be unstable at times but other than that I think he's a cool character. We'll see as the story goes.

Overall, I enjoyed reading another one of Jennifer L.Armentrout's novels. She's a genius and she's just that awesome since her novels come out really fast. I love the build up of the story. It wasn't too fast or too slow. The love story which is very minimal at this point is actually quite refreshing since the author steer cleared of the whole instalove trend that seems to be so famous in the YA genre. The sexual tension or whatever it is that people might want to call it between the characters is very subtle and made me enjoy the story even more. It was sexy, it was captivating and everything about it refused to let me put it down. I'd definitely think this deserves a 5/5 star rating. I love this series. Another favorite from Jennifer L. Armentrout. I might even love this even more than the Lux Series.



No comments:

Post a Comment