Tuesday, February 14, 2012

REVIEW: FIFTY SHADES FREED BY E.L. JAMES

I was finally able to finish Fifty Shades Freed, the last installment from the Fifty Shades trilogy by E.L. James, last night and I have to say I was totally blown away. I love the way it was written and the way it ended. Again, the central characters of the story is Ana Steele and Christian Grey.




Ana and Christian are now Mr. and Mrs. Grey. Yes, they got married! And life seems perfect as it is until Christian’s past start catching up with them.

How do I start this? Hmm. First of all I love the development of the characters. I think Ana became stronger as a woman in this third novel. It’s probably due to the fact that she’s already married to Grey and somehow she overcame her insecurities and stuff. I actually liked her here but I definitely agree with Mr. Grey, she definitely has no concept of self -preservation. And that’s probably why Grey always kept her in the dark whenever conflicts arise. I do believe that Ana grew up a lot in this book and I actually love her more because of it.

And of course, there is the oh so yummy Christian Grey. Hmm. What can I say? As always Mr. Grey never fails to take my breath away. I love the caring and romantic Christian as much as I love his dominant and lustful alter ego. haha. Though there came to a point when I wanted to spank him for reacting the way he did in a certain revelation which I won’t mention as to not spoil anyone who hasn’t read the novel. But in the end I guess he overcame that hurdle and he was able to embrace this revelation completely. His term kinky f*ckery never fails to make me laugh though. I loved Christian even more in this novel. Again, he made me swoon.

I love the way this book ended. Actually, I love everything about this book even the supporting characters. Kate, Elliot, Ethan, Mia, Grace, Carrick and Ray. They weren’t written just to be there. They were actually part of the story. I think there comes a time when supporting characters are just there for the sake of having them there. Anyway, I think Ana and Christian deserve their happy ending after everything they’ve been through. I was seriously blown away by the sex/ love scenes. haha. I do believe that Christian became more gentle with Ana and somehow I sympathize with Ana. She somehow missed kinky f*ckery since Christian was gentle with her most of the time. The punishment sex scenes were mind blowing. I seriously don’t know if I should pity or envy Ana at some point. E.L. James definitely knows her stuff. I’d definitely give this one a 5/5 star rating.

No comments:

Post a Comment