Friday, February 10, 2012

REVIEW: FIFTY SHADES OF GREY BY E.L. JAMES

I finished reading Fifty Shades Of Grey by E.L. James last night and I have to say that it left me speechless. Truth be told this is my first time reading an adult/ erotic novel and I honestly couldn’t believe that it literally left me breathless. haha. The main characters of the story are Anastasia Steele and Christian Grey.



How do I begin? Hmm. The story certainly left me breathless and erotic. haha. Seriously, I cannot believe the things that Grey does and he’s just so yummy. Honestly, the writing was just so intense. I love the way this was written even if it is intense. Intense is an understatement believe me. Whew! I’m seriously out of words. haha. Anyway, I’m not inclined to be wholesome with regards to reviewing this book since I don’t plan on recommending it to the younger audience a.k.a. the teens. Seriously, I’m already in my 20’s and I felt like my hormones were just running rampant inside of me. Teenage hormones are the worst. Trust me on that one.


Let me begin by describing the characters. First of there’s Ana. She’s a hesitant female who seriously unravels because of the sexy Mr. Grey! haha. I can relate to this girl. I am somehow the hesitant type of girl when it comes to this sex thing but somehow this book changed me. haha. Okay, I’m not promiscuous now or anything. Somehow, I just feel like I’ve loosened up a bit. haha. I feel like there’s a goddess waiting to be awaken in every girl. And I think mine is just waiting for the right guy who is still MIA.

And of course, there’s Christian Grey. Damn! I can’t even find the right words to describe this guy. He’s Mr. Sex-On-Legs! This guy is so intense and so captivating he makes me swoon. And the fact that he’s a hot, good- looking, 27 year old, articulate, multimillionaire who is just so good in and out of bed. Seriously, what more can a girl ask for? haha.  He honestly made me feel “excited”. Damn! I think I’ve turned into some kind of pervy! haha. Anyway, if I were Ana I’d probably let him get his way every time. Pressure= Pleasure! haha.

Overall, I liked this novel. The writing was simple and direct to the point. Seriously, it was just so DIRECT. Plus, the fact that it was not written in a way that would make you think that you’re just reading a fan fiction of some sort. Believe me, I’ve read fan fictions that seriously suck. I mean some of them were just written for the sake of sex between two characters. Anyway, I’m giving this a 5/5 star rating and I can’t wait to read the second novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment