Sunday, January 8, 2012

BEAUTIFUL DISASTER BY JAMIE MCGUIRE

I stumbled upon Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire because of a thread in Goodreads and Thea, a batch mate of mine from college who convinced me that it is a must read. Plus the fact that I just could not finish The Vincent Boys, so I read it even though I had second thoughts since I’m not really a fan of contemporary YA novels.



Anyhoo, the story centers around two dysfunctional people, Travis Maddox and Abby Abernathy. I liked the dynamic of these two people. I know the story is sorta cliche, good girl meets bad boy etc., but I swear it has a twist. I loved this book from the first page.Even the supporting characters were lovable.

I love Travis Maddox. He’s in this fight club thing where he gets paid to beat people up, he has tattoos, he smokes, he’s a heavy drinker, he rides a motorcycle etc. In short he’s the typical bad boy.
And as I’ve said earlier I have a penchant for bad boys and so yeah, I love him. haha.
Anyway, he lives with his cousin Shepley, another endearing character BTW, in their apartment. In one of his fight nights he meets Abby Abernathy, who is Shepley’s girlfriend, America’s best friend.

Well, Abby is typical good girl on the outside. Oooh, I don’t want to spoil this so you just have to read why it’s only on the outside. haha. She befriends Travis and somehow he mellows down. Eventually, they fall in love and start a relationship. You just have to read it to know how. haha.

I liked this novel a lot. It made me feel giddy and I think Travis is such a sweetheart. He may be violent at times but when he’s sweet, he could make your heart melt like butter. As for Abby, I found her annoying at times. There were times when I think she was just trying so hard to be good and it kinda ticked me off. But I loved her more when she turned into the “REAL ABBY” in one of the chapters.

I’d give this a 4/5 star rating. I love Ms. McGuire’s novel.

Currently reading Existence by Abbi Glines.
Add me up HERE, MY MAIN TUMBLR ACCOUNT, MY BLOGGER ACCOUNT, GOODREADS, PLURK and TWITTER

No comments:

Post a Comment