Thursday, January 5, 2012

CLOCKWORK ANGEL BY CASSANDRA CLARE

These past two months I’ve been reading Cassandra Clare’s novels, The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices. I’ve finished the four novels from The Mortal Instruments series, book five (City Of Lost Souls) will be released on May 8. Anyway, I finished Clockwork Angel from The Infernal Devices last Christmas so I think I should write a review now. haha. 

The Infernal Devices is a prequel to The Mortal Instruments. It is set during the Victorian era in England. The story centers around the lives of downworlder and shadowhunters Tessa Gray, Will Herondale and James Carstairs. Yes, some familiar names from the The Mortal Instruments will be mentioned in this series. 

Anyway, I can honestly say that I like this series more than I like The Mortal Instruments. First of all, I love the characters. Will is sarcastic, arrogant and everything your fathers warned you about in boys, almost like Jace from The Mortal Instruments and yes, I have a penchant for bad boys but he has his reasons for being the way he is. He’s my favorite character in the series. I love the way Ms. Clare wrote his story.

Then there’s Tessa, she didn’t annoy me as much as I expected that she would.  I really should work on being biased when it comes to female characters. Tsk.  Anyway, I love the development of her character. I think she’s one of those strong female characters since she’s not that indecisive not like some female heroines from other books. I mean, yeah, she was at first but when she decides whatever it is that she wants then that’s that. We’ll see in the next books though. Plus, she’s not that whiny and I love it.

And of course, there’s James “Jem” Carstairs, Will’s parabatai. I don’t really know why I like him that much. Normally I’m not really into the “nice guys” but somehow Jem had me . haha. And I love the way he’s also Will’s “conscience” in the entire series. They have this bromance thing going on since they’re parabatai and I love it

I think Ms. Clare did a great job in writing this novel. I love the development of the characters like the reasons why they act the way they do. I also like the supporting characters like Charlotte, Sophie and Henry. I didn’t like Jessamine though, I think she’s annoying and too bitchy. Ms. Clare is really good when it comes to leaving her readers with cliffhangers that makes you want to publish the next book yourself.Yes, she’s mean like that. haha. Anyway, I love it and I could not wait to read Clockwork Prince which is even better. Yes, I know it’s so much better since I’ve already finished it by the time I decided to write this review. haha. Bottom line is I can’t wait for Clockwork Princess. :)

I’m giving this a 5/5 star rating since I enjoyed reading this a lot.
Add me up HERE, MY MAIN TUMBLR ACCOUNT, MY BLOGGER ACCOUNT, GOODREADS, PLURK and TWITTER

No comments:

Post a Comment